Please join me for an urban herb foraging walk in the most beautiful park of Amsterdam Oost!
Park Frankendael (starting from main old entrance)
11:00 – 13:00
Wednesday 29th May
€10 per person (children free and very welcome)
Booking via email (email@example.com) or via this events page
You will learn how to:
- Ethically and safely forage from city parks, streets and green spaces
- Identify lots of edible and medicinal plants which are available all over the city.
- Turn your harvest into tasty food
- Make simple home remedies
- Pay back the land that we forage from
We will ethically forage some of the plants that we find (in and around the park) and turn them into tasty and nutritious teas and sandwich fillings and more, on the spot. This is my local foraging ground, where I pick something to eat every day. I am passionate about helping people to discover the edible plants growing around them. My 365 Frankendael Project ended a couple of weeks ago – identifying, photographing and writing about Amsterdam herbs each day for a year.
Please note: You don’t have to eat from the wild on this walk but you certainly can if you want to!
We can expect to find such tasty, useful treats as:
Garlic mustard, Comfrey,
Ground Elder, Dandelion,
Nettle, Wild Geranium,
Edible trees, shrubs and far far more.
There are hundreds of edible plants around at this time of year.
You will receive a useful colour handout with names, photos, uses and folklore of many of the plants we will find on the walk.
I’ll bring along some herbal cake or breadsticks for everyone to try.
You don’t need to bring anything along to the walk but if you want to get the most out of it, here are some suggestions:
- Bring along whatever food you like to accompany your herbal harvest.
- A flask of hot water to make tea and some bread and butter would be useful but not essential.
- A couple of paper bags to take some leaves and flowers home
- A small glass jar filled with vodka, to make a tincture – I’ll show you how.
- A small jar filled with olive oil to set up a herbal infusion.
- Small notebook, to take a few personal notes and press some leaves, to help you find the plants another time.
Come celebrate the edible green gifts that this beautiful city has to offer!